John Ogdon Forum Index
  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Is there anybody out there.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quapstealer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Is there anybody out there. Reply with quote

I do find it a little sad that there seems to be so few postings these days regarding one of the greatest pianists of the 20th century, and, arguably. the greatest British one. I fear that just as with Robert Simpson's work bringing the name of a largely-forgotten Havergal Brian back to the musical public, it will take someone of Simpson's ilk to guide the ignorant (not in the disparaging sense) out there to discovering/rediscovering Ogdon's unique brilliance. Does anyone have any ideas?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Metronome
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As webmaster of this site and a keen amateur pianist I am also dismayed at the disinterest in John Ogdon and lack of posts on this forum; I hoped it would become a lively and useful resource. I think it's partly due to inertia on the part of the Foundation members: several very interesting email suggestions have not been followed up - an offer to typeset some of Ogdon's works, another to put John Ogdon The Composer online. There is a lot of interest out there but it needs coordinating properly.

Regarding Robert Simpson please visit another site I did, for the Robert Simpson Society, and please do contribute to its new Forum - I hope that one meets with more interest. I also proposed a makeover for the Havergal Brian site but had to withdraw it owing to my workload.

Yes, the discovery/rediscovery of these British masters is worth talking about, so to anyone out there - please sign up and contribute.
quapstealer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've registered on the Robert Simpson forum site, left a post to try and kick things off, but, unfortunately, nothing yet. I could say a lot more on this forum and the Simpson forum, but it would be me writing to me, with the occasional glimpse from others, it appears, and, with the exception of Metronome on this site, no comments in reply.
Again, surely people out there must have something to say about Ogdon's music and extraordinary playing, don't they?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    John Ogdon Forum Index -> This Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: